National Nurses United (NNU) seeks an experienced Digital Content Coordinator with a commitment to social justice. The ideal candidate will have professional experience in communications and be knowledgeable in labor, social, and political issues.
NNU is also well known for negotiating premiere collective bargaining contracts for registered nurses, for sponsoring the nation’s foremost safe RN staffing law, for unionization campaigns that have made it one of the fastest-growing unions in the country, and for innovative, award-winning political campaigns. NNU has 150,000 members in all 50 states.
NNU is the nation’s largest union and professional association of registered nurses, and at the forefront of national efforts to transform the United States’ market-driven health care industry into a single-payer-style health care system. To nurses, reforming our health system is just one piece of building a social movement toward a more just and equitable society.
In short, we are a strong, progressive voice for nurses, patients, and health care workers around the world. We are seeking a like-minded and experienced digital professional to join our Communications team as a Digital Content Coordinator.
- Build emails using email management software, review and edit to ensure quality, and send out to mass distribution lists.
- Help manage the NNU website using a Content Management System. Includes daily publishing as well as long term projects.
- Build, test and deploy online action pages, donation forms, surveys or other online forms for advocacy and awareness campaigns.
- Work with Customer Relationship Management tools to maintain membership lists.
- Strategize on web, email, and other digital campaigns with the rest of the communications team.
- Analyze and report performance of all work and communicate clearly to various stakeholders.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies and apply them relevant to organizational goals
- Other duties as assigned by the NNU Communications Director.
- Two years’ experience in professional website support, email coordination, or other digital content management.
- Experience with Content Management Systems such as Drupal and WordPress.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS, familiarity with SQL a plus.
- Experience building new data management/hygiene and tracking systems a plus.
- Experience with mass/bulk email management tools such as MailChimp.
- Experience with online organizing tools such as Blue State Digital and Action Kit a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and create solutions for long term needs.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and ability to work with a variety of image and video file formats.
- Experience with web analytics a plus.
- Good grasp of grammar and attention to detail; ability to copy edit a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function well as part of a team, and equally comfortable running with solo tasks.
- Good sense of design and the ability to follow branding guidelines.
- Willingness to work hours and schedule as needed to complete projects and support organizational campaigns.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Excellent salary and benefits with a generous pension plan. Full family health coverage.
Please submit résumé, cover letter, and three work samples by clicking the “Apply” button. Please be sure to fill out the online application form.
Please, no calls.
NNU is committed to equal opportunity, and to considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, religions, and other characteristics. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational values and objectives to apply.