National Nurses United (NNU) seeks an experienced Graphics Specialist with a commitment to social justice and professional experience in social advocacy and communications. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in labor, social, and political issues and be an outstanding graphic designer with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
NNU is the nation’s largest union and professional association of registered nurses, and at the forefront of national efforts to transform the United States’ market-driven health care industry into a single-payer-style health care system. To nurses, reforming our health system is just one piece of building a social movement toward a more just and equitable society.
NNU is also well known for negotiating premiere collective bargaining contracts for registered nurses, for sponsoring the nation’s foremost safe RN staffing law, for unionization campaigns that have made it one of the fastest-growing unions in the country, and for innovative, award-winning political campaigns. NNU has 150,000 members in all 50 states.
In short, we are a strong, progressive voice for nurses, patients, and health care workers around the world. We are seeking a like-minded and experienced professional who believes in our mission with a personal dedication to social justice issues to join our team as a Graphics Specialist.
- Work together with our team of graphic designers in the communications department in a variety of applications, including print, web, social and multimedia.
- Projects include (but are not limited to):
- Social Media Graphics
- Direct Mail
- Web Tools
- Environmental Graphics
- Merchandise and Promotional Items
- Multi-media Presentations
- Report to and work under the direction of the NNU Communications Director.
- Exceptional working knowledge and experience with: Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat; as well as PowerPoint, Keynote, and/or Prezi, all on a MAC platform.
- Must have at least three to five years graphic design experience.
- Photography and illustration skills a plus.
- Creative campaign strategy and branding background a plus.
- Ability to work as a team and independently, in a fast-paced environment, and highly capable of juggling multiple projects all under tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- The ideal designer will have an interest in labor unions, healthcare, and social justice, and must be creative and willing to learn hands-on.
- Must be able to work extended hours as needed.
- Advanced level of English language proficiency, with a good grasp of grammar and attention to detail; ability to copy edit.
- Light travel as needed.
Excellent salary and benefits with a generous pension plan. Full family and domestic partner coverage.
Please send resume, cover letter, and three samples of your work, ALL IN ONE PDF to: CommResumes@calnurses.org. Also, please include a url to your portfolio, if one is available.
Put “Graphic Specialist” in subject line.
Please no phone calls.
NNU is committed to equal opportunity, and to considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, religions, and other characteristics. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational values and objectives to apply.