Deborah Burger, RN, Co-President
Jean Ross, RN, Co-President
National Nurses United is the nation’s premiere voice for direct care registered nurses and the largest union and professional association of RNs in U.S. history. Representing 185,000 RNs in all 50 states, NNU was founded in December, 2009 uniting the leading nurses organizations in the U.S. Today, NNU is one of the fastest growing labor organizations in the U.S., and has gained national and international renown for its social, patient, and economic advocacy for nurse and patient reforms, transforming the U.S. healthcare system, and revitalizing the U.S. economy.
Since its founding, NNU has organized, won representation, for more than 13,000 RNs in 35 hospitals in 11 states, including some states that have long been viewed as challenging for unions, such as Texas and Florida, and won landmark first contract agreements that have established improved patient care conditions and elevated workplace and economic standards for RNs
- Nurses Campaign to Heal America: Nurses advocate for healthcare, housing, the economy, the environment, jobs, and public education.
- Main Street Contract for the American People: Nurses put Main Street working families before Wall Street greed.
- Medicare For All: Nurses lead movement to win healthcare justice for everyone in America by improving and expanding Medicare.
- Robin Hood Tax USA: Nurses lead movement to support the "Inclusive Prosperity Act" Authored by Rep. Keith Ellison.
- RN Response Network: Nurses build network of more than 15,000 RN volunteers to offer medical relief during natural disasters.
Follow NNU Online
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nationalnurses
- Flickr: (photos): http://www.flickr.com/nationalnursesunited
- Vimeo: (videos): https://vimeo.com/nationalnursesunited
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/nationalnurses | @nationalnurses
#nurses #MedicareForAll #RHT #union #safestaffing
- NNU Blog: http://www.nationalnursesunited.org/blog
NNU Blog RSS Feed: http://www.nationalnursesunited.org/blog/rss
NNU Blog on DailyKos: http://www.dailykos.com/blog/National%20Nurses%20Movement
Robin Hood Tax Blog: http://www.robinhoodtax.org/news/blog
- Blog with us: Submit your blog and contact information here