Kaiser: Stop closing medical units serving children and seniors, reducing basic services, and sending members to other Kaiser hospitals instead of providing care in the community.
- Kaiser: Stop Limiting Access to Healthcare!
- Save Manteca Kaiser Hospital
- Save Kaiser Hayward Pediatrics
"Kaiser is breaking its promise to our community. An entire hospital floor has been closed; our emergency room cannot admit many people to the hospital. Every month, hundreds of patients are transferred to Modesto and Stockton against their wishes.” —Clarice Spann-Reeve, Kaiser Manteca RN,transitional care unit
Vigil Outside Kaiser Manteca (10/6/13)
NEWS AND PRESS:
Join Us for a Major Rally and Kids' Picket to Save Pediatrics
WHEN: Thursday, November 14, 3:30-6:00pm
WHERE: Kaiser Hayward: 27400 Hesperian Blvd, Hayward
Visit Save Kaiser Pediatrics for breaking news coverage.
The inhouse pedaitrics unit at Kaiser Hayward serves over 1,800 families a year, and more than 100,000 children in the tri-city area receive healthcare from Kaiser Permanente. Yet during a time of record profits, on November 17, Kaiser Permanente will be closing all of their inpatient pediatric services serving southern Alameda County.
Nurses and other community leaders are strongly opposed to this planned closure.
Kaiser’s reduction of services in Manteca and the closure of Hayward pediatrics are part of the HMO’s new model of healthcare.
Kaiser is making it harder for patients to be admitted for hospital care when they are sick and are sending patients home when they should still be in the hospital. As an insurance company and a hospital chain, Kaiser increases its profits by reducing patient services which helps company executives thrive, but makes it harder for patients who are paying their premiums to survive.
Read recent press releases:
View photos from recent rallies:
Watch as Kaiser RNs rally for safe patient care.
Are you getting the care you need when you need it?
If not, please let us know:
Join RNs in their effort to ensure that patients get the hospital care they deserve when they're ill:
Email us at email@example.com with any questions or other concerns.
VIDEO--"Kaiser's a great model of cutting costs," Bonnie Castillo, legislative director of the California Nurses Association told GRITtv. If current trends at Kaiser are any indication, she says, the future includes fewer, more overworked nurses with less time with patients and more robotic doctors, taking vital signs via remote. —GRITtv, 04/11/13 More »
CNA/NNU represented RNs work at the following Kaiser facilities:
- Kaiser Permanente
- Kaiser Alameda Medical Offices
- Kaiser Antioch Medical Offices
- Kaiser Campbell Medical Offices
- Kaiser Davis Medical Offices
- Kaiser Fair Oaks Medical Offices
- Kaiser Fairfield Medical Offices
- Kaiser Fremont Medical Center
- Kaiser French, San Francisco
- Kaiser Fresno Medical Center
- Kaiser Gilroy Medical Offices
- Kaiser Hayward Medical Center
- Kaiser Manteca Medical Offices
- Kaiser Martinez Medical Offices
- Kaiser Milpitas Medical Offices
- Kaiser Modesto Medical Offices
- Kaiser Mountain View Medical Offices
- Kaiser Napa Medical Offices
- Kaiser Novato Medical Offices
- Kaiser Oakhurst Medical Offices
- Kaiser Oakland Medical Center
- Kaiser Park Shadelands, Walnut Creek
- Kaiser Petaluma Medical Offices
- Kaiser Pleasanton Medical Offices
- Kaiser Point West Medical Offices
- Kaiser Rancho Cordova Medical Offices
- Kaiser Redwood City Medical Center
- Kaiser Richmond Medical Offices
- Kaiser Roseville Medical Center
- Kaiser Sacramento Call Center
- Kaiser Sacramento Medical Center
- Kaiser San Francisco Medical Center
- Kaiser San Jose Call Center
- Kaiser San Rafael Medical Center
- Kaiser Santa Clara Medical Center
- Kaiser Santa Rosa Medical Center
- Kaiser Santa Teresa, San Jose
- Kaiser South Sacramento Med Center
- Kaiser South San Francisco Medical Center
- Kaiser Stockton Medical Offices
- Kaiser Union City Medical Offices
- Kaiser Vacaville Medical Offices
- Kaiser Vallejo Call Center
- Kaiser Vallejo Medical Center
- Kaiser Walnut Creek Medical Center