Looking for information about COVID-19?
The first person infected with Ebola in the US - nurse Nina Pham - made infectious disease a major news story. And Ebola is just one high-profile example of the infectious diseases to which RNs can be exposed. NNU advocates for nurses to have the education, training, and personal protective equipment they need. Our successes include landmark mandatory Ebola guidelines in California and collective bargaining agreements with strong infectious disease protections.
- Nurses Call on Federal OSHA, Other States to Follow California Mandate of Highest Ebola Safeguards
- Despite Hospital Industry, Nurses Win On Ebola
- Ebola–RNs Call for Highest Standards for Protective Equipment, including Hazmat Suits and Training
- National Nurse Survey Shows Hospitals Still Not Prepared for U.S. Ebola Patients
- Statement by RN’s at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital as provided to National Nurses United
- Ebola-Related Bargaining Demands