Membership Clerk - Oakland, CA
The California Nurses Association/National Nurses United, is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-driven, and highly skilled professional to join our team as a Membership Services Clerk.
As part of our Membership and Data Services team, this position will review membership applications for accuracy, prepare batches of valid applications for data entry, import, emailing, mailing, and/or faxing as well as work with support staff on incomplete applications. This position is also responsible for scanning and ensuring copies of the scanned applications are saved utilizing a naming convention under each facility folder.
Preferred experience includes 2+ years in a customer service, customer support, or call center environment. Prior affiliation with a union is strongly preferred.
- Review membership applications for accuracy/completion and ensure all data is collected/keyed accurately for import
- Email, fax, or mail completed logged and imported membership applications to respective facility
- Communicate with CNA/NNU members regarding dues and membership matters
- Update and maintain CNA/NNU membership records
- Engage employers to ensure compliance with dues and reporting requirements
- Ensure quality of employer-provided reports and escalate any data issues
- Process payments as well as membership and payroll deduction forms
- Import CNA/NNU membership data from a variety of sources
- Proven experience in a customer service-related field – 2 years
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with databases
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, including multi-tasking and prioritizing assignments
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to analyze information
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to learn and adapt to ever-changing laws affecting labor unions and union members
- Experience in labor organizing and working with union member data a strong plus
For confidential consideration, please submit resume and cover letter to:
888-487-8850 ext. 111
NNU is committed to equal opportunity, and to considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, religions, and other characteristics. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational values and objectives to apply.