National Nurses United (NNU) seeks an experienced Web Designer/Content Editor with a commitment to social justice and professional experience in social advocacy and communications. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in labor, social, and political issues, be an outstanding web designer, and content editor.
NNU is also well known for negotiating premiere collective bargaining contracts for registered nurses, for sponsoring the nation’s foremost safe RN staffing law, for unionization campaigns that have made it one of the fastest-growing unions in the country, and for innovative, award-winning political campaigns. NNU has 150,000 members in all 50 states.
NNU is the nation’s largest union and professional association of registered nurses, and at the forefront of national efforts to transform the United States’ market-driven health care industry into a single-payer-style health care system. To nurses, reforming our health system is just one piece of building a social movement toward a more just and equitable society.
In short, we are a strong, progressive voice for nurses, patients, and health care workers around the world. We are seeking a like-minded and experienced professional who believes in our mission with a personal dedication to social justice issues to join our team as a Web Designer/Content Editor.
- Manage website and online properties, including: draft and manage calendar of website postings; manage website design upgrades and changes.
- Work with various Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools to maintain lists and sync with organizational database.
- Build and test HTML and CSS emails using email management software; review and edit emails to ensure quality.
- Administer and build WordPress sites, with an eye for long-term maintenance and little downtime.
- Build and send out mass emails using Blue State Digital tools and Mail Chimp.
- Ability to troubleshoot and create solutions, combining one or more web-based services (eg. mass email, survey, VOIP dialer, outreach forms.)
- Other duties as assigned by the NNU Communications Director.
- Three years’ experience in professional web design, operating at a mid-sized company/organization for at least twelve months.
- The ideal candidate will have an eye for efficiency, with the capability of working with reusable content blocks, tags and other common Content Management System features.
- Advanced level of English language proficiency, with a good grasp of grammar and attention to detail; ability to copy edit.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function well as part of a team, and equally comfortable running with solo tasks.
- Intermediate to advanced user of Photoshop and ability to work with a variety of file formats.
- A bachelor’s or associates degree in digital design, or other analogous qualifications/experience, with a good sense of design and the ability to follow branding guidelines.
- Willingness to work hours and schedule as needed to complete projects and support organizational campaigns.
- Willingness to travel, as needed. Ability to work in dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office – word processing, spreadsheets – and cloud platforms such as Google Suite.
Excellent salary and benefits with a generous pension plan. Full family health coverage.
Please submit résumé, cover letter, and three work samples by clicking the “Apply” button. Please be sure to fill out the online application form.
Please, no calls.
NNU is committed to equal opportunity, and to considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, religions, and other characteristics. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational values and objectives to apply.