California Nurses Association/National Nurses United (CNA/NNU) is seeking a creative and experienced social media specialist to join our team. The social media specialist will play a key role in building communities on various social media platforms and increasing CNA/NNU’s online influence and engagement.
CNA/NNU is the nation's largest union and professional association of direct care registered nurses, with 150,000 members from all 50 states.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day posting and management of all the organization’s accounts, including several on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This person works closely with other members of the communications team to create compelling online content that educates, inspires, engages, and pushes people to take action on our various campaigns.
- Manage CNA/NNU social media platforms, including daily posts, content calendars, engagement, metrics and paid social media ads.
- Draft, edit and post content across all social media platforms.
- Manage, plan and execute livestreams.
- Monitor comments across all CNA/NNU platforms and respond in timely manner.
- Contribute to creating blogs, graphics and other online content.
- Help generate more visits to our website.
- Review and keep up with social media trends and best practices.
- Generate regular reports that show engagements and growth in online communities.
- Excellent writing skills and solid experience using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube for progressive campaigns
- Fluency in social media performance metrics and Facebook insights and Ads manager.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative and understand the power of working teams and easily takes directions.
- Must have patience in teaching others – some not so tech savvy - about how social media can be used in their advocacy work.
- Activist’s heart with a passion for social justice, especially in health care
- Full-time experience developing social media in advocacy campaigns.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and experience with social media management tools a plus.
Please submit resume, cover letter and two samples through the application form.
CNA/NNU is committed to Equal Opportunity, and to considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational values and objectives to apply.