California Nurses Association/National Nurses United is seeking a creative and experienced Social Media Specialist to join our team. The Social Media Specialist will play a key role in building communities on various social media platforms and increasing CNA/NNU’s online influence and engagement.
CNA/NNU is the nation's largest union and professional association of direct care registered nurses, with more than 170,000 members from all 50 states.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day posting and management of all the organization’s accounts, including several on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The person in this role works closely with other members of the communications team to create compelling online content that educates, inspires, engages, and pushes people to take action on our various campaigns.
- Manage CNA/NNU social media platforms, including creation of daily posts, maintaining content calendars, monitoring engagement, analyzing metrics, and planning and implementation of paid social media ads.
- Work collaboratively with the team to identify, adapt, and/or create content for all social media platforms in support of organizational and campaign priorities.
- Manage, plan, and execute regular livestreams, to include: Cross-departmental collaboration on content, promotion of livestream events, and production of events using OBS, Restream, and/or other streaming tools as necessary.
- Monitor comments across all CNA/NNU platforms and respond in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the creation of blogs, graphics, short videos, and other online content.
- Help generate more visits to our website in support of organizational and campaign priorities.
- Review and keep up with social media trends and best practices. Identify opportunities to innovate and experiment with new tools, tactics, and approaches to advance the work of the union.
- Generate regular reports that show engagement and growth in online communities, and make recommendations to improve performance.
- Collaborate with colleagues from across the union to integrate social media and digital strategies and tactics into broader strategic campaigns.
- Excellent writing skills and solid experience using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram for progressive campaigns.
- Fluency in social media performance metrics, as well as deep familiarity with tools like Facebook Creator Studio, Business Manager, and Ads Manager, Twitter Media Studio, and others.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, researching and proposing solutions and proactively problem-solving when issues arise — at the same time understanding the power of working in teams and easily taking direction when necessary.
- Ability to tackle complex projects, break them down into smaller pieces, and manage towards deadlines.
- Must have patience in teaching others — some not so tech-savvy — about how social media can be used in their advocacy work.
- Activist’s heart with a passion for social justice, especially in health care.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop or other design tools a plus.
CNA/NNU is committed to Equal Opportunity, and to considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational values and objectives to apply.