The California Nurses Association/National Nurses United (CNA/NNU) seeks an experienced Operations Clerk. CNA/NNU is leading the national movement for Registered Nurse power to transform the market-driven healthcare industry in the United States into a health care system based on patient need. CNA/NNU is the nation's largest union and professional association of direct care registered nurses, with more than 185,000 members in all 50 states, and the Operations Clerk will be based in its Oakland, California headquarters.
- Maintaining administration of UPS shipping account.
- Sorting and distributing internal/external mail.
- Operation of mailing machinery including postage meter, folding and stuffing machines, etc.
- Responding to and coordinating interdepartmental materials and inventory requests.
- Provide support in the set up and breakdown of all meeting and events on-site and as requested for offsite activities. Off site and out of state travel may be requested periodically.
- Maintaining and updating inventory database.
- Ordering and restocking office supplies, as needed.
- Monitoring meeting room calendar and coordinating room set-up, per instruction.
- Assisting with all aspects of vendor deliveries.
- General on-site event assistance and staging.
- Backfilling various operations assignments including contract reproduction, reception, archiving, and file organization.
- Ability to deal effectively with vendors and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to keep records and maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible and perform multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to pick up new systems quickly.
- Strong knowledge of best shipping and receiving practices.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- 3-5 years of experience in an office environment required. Prior experience providing operational support strongly preferred.
- High proficiency in MS applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Prior experience in facilities/events coordination strongly preferred.
- Prior data entry experience required.
- Working knowledge of mailing machinery and standard office equipment.
- Experience with UPS/FedEx online software desirable.
- Experience in shipping/receiving.
CNA/NNU provides a very competitive salary and benefit package including full family and domestic partner coverage, medical, dental, pension and 401(k).
Please submit a résumé and cover letter using the Apply Now button below or email them to email@example.com. The California Nurses Association/National Nurses United is a premiere organization of registered nurses and one of the nation’s fastest growing labor and professional organizations in the U.S. and a strong, progressive voice for nurses, patients and healthcare workers around the world. We are seeking a like-minded and experienced professional who believes in our mission with a personal dedication to social justice issues to be our Operations Clerk.
CNA/NNU is committed to Equal Opportunity, and to considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational values and objectives to apply.