Progressive labor union seeks a dynamic individual with database management and billing experience to assist in the management of the union’s Membership Department. Individual will supervise all aspects of this dynamic, fast-paced department.
The Department is responsible for:
- Maintaining the integrity and accuracy of membership and billing system data
- Generating a large number of ongoing membership-related reports for other departments within the Union
- Collecting, cleaning, and importing data received from a variety of sources
- Processing Membership Enrollment and Payment Forms
- Responding to member inquiries related to all aspects of dues and membership services
Lead is responsible for:
- Working with the Assistant Director of Compliance to develop and implement processes to maximize department workflow
- Supervising staff, specifically in the areas of database maintenance, payment processing, and member services
- Ensuring the quality of incoming data and outgoing reports
- Making formal information requests and enforcing third party contractual obligations
- Ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of billing and payment processing
- Working closely with other department leads to identify organizational needs
- Resolving and escalating complex membership and dues inquiries
- Reporting to the Assistant Director of Compliance regarding department processes, goals, and deadlines
- Ensuring staff are trained to follow organizational policies and procedures
Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, or in lieu of degree, at least 5 years relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years management experience
- Database management experience, including analyzing data and generating reports
- Detail oriented, analytical thinker, with a hands-on approach to work
- Proven leadership experience, including the ability to collaborate and maintain professional relationships with multiple department leads
- Demonstrated ability handling confidential information
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Outlook, and Excel, strongly preferred
- Passion for RN Values and the labor movement, a plus
CNA/NNU provides a very competitive salary and benefit package including full family and domestic partner coverage, medical, dental, pension and 401(k).
Please submit cover letter and résumé to: ResumeMemb@calnurses.org
The California Nurses Association/National Nurses United is a premiere organization of registered nurses and one of the nation’s fastest growing labor and professional organizations in the U.S. and a strong, progressive voice for nurses, patients and healthcare workers around the world. We are seeking a like-minded and experienced professional who believes in our mission with a personal dedication to social justice issues to be our Membership Lead.
CNA/NNU is committed to Equal Opportunity, and to considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational values and objectives to apply.