The California Nurses Association/National Nurses Organizing Committee (CNA/NNOC) seeks an experienced Legislative Advocate. CNA/NNOC is leading the national movement for Registered Nurse power to transform the market-driven healthcare industry in the United States into a health care system based on patient need. CNA/NNOC has provided support to environmental justice actions nationwide. In California we passed the historic RN Safe Staffing Law - the first of its kind nationwide.
We seek an experienced Legislative Advocate. Under the direction of the Government Relations Director, the Legislative Advocate plans and assists in union activities and achievement of union objectives by means of governmental advocacy, grassroots education and organizing member involvement. This staff person actively participates in the evaluation and planning of the union’s legislative program.
- Extensive experience with lobbying and legislative advocacy
- Proven success at member involvement, organizing, and political action
- Demonstrated ability to help plan & coordinate successful state and local grassroots campaigns
- Ability to build relationships with potential allies and empower volunteers
- Highly evolved communications skills, including drafting flyers and direct mail pieces, social media communication pieces
- Ability to travel extensively and valid driver’s license
- Experience in Environmental Policy
- Bachelor of Arts
- 5+ years of successful experience in union or other social justice advocacy
- Demonstrated written and analytical skills
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of governmental relations and related issues
- Experience in a public role as a social advocate
- Demonstrated familiarity with healthcare justice and other issues affecting working women
Salary and Benefits: Excellent salary depending on experience, and outstanding benefits offered, including comprehensive family health & dental plan, and generous pension.
Please submit a Résumé and cover letter. Please be sure to fill out the one page online application form.
The California Nurses Association/National Nurses Organizing Committee is a premiere organization of registered nurses and one of the nation’s fastest growing labor and professional organizations in the U.S. and a strong, progressive voice for nurses, patients and healthcare workers around the world. We are seeking a like-minded and experienced professional who believes in our mission with a personal dedication to social justice issues to be our Legislative Advocate/Community and Political Organizer.
CNA/NNOC is committed to Equal Opportunity, and to considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational values and objectives to apply.