This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced labor representative with organizing experience. Use all of the lessons from your previous work to help build the kind of powerful and effective labor organization you have always wanted to see.
The National Nurses Organizing Committee (NNOC) seeks an experienced Labor Representative. NNOC and the National Nurses United are leading the national movement for Registered Nurse power to transform the market-driven healthcare industry in the United States into a health care system based on patient need.
We seek an experienced Labor Representative who enjoys developing and working with members and who shares our vision of nurses leading a national movement for health care and social justice.
This is more than an ordinary union job; we seek a skilled Labor Representative who wants to use their skills strategically. The ideal candidate would relish the chance to build strong workplace committees, develop local leadership, educate members about alternatives to corporate control of health care and our economic and political systems and mobilize members to fight back. We are part of the nation's largest organization of direct care RNs with 150,000 current members and rapid membership growth.
- The Labor Representative is responsible for all matters related to collective bargaining.
- Organizing nurses in private and public employment around job-related issues.
- Compiling, analyzing, interpreting and presenting pertinent data.
- Political education and movement building at the facility level.
- Leadership development.
- Negotiating contracts.
- Processing grievances and conducting arbitrations; and representing nurses in employment-related problems.
- The ideal candidate has had prior experience as a full-time Labor Representative, with demonstrated success at contract negotiations and arbitrations.
- Effectiveness in organizing drives, organizing membership participation and developing rank and file leadership.
- Our members work all shifts and days of the week. Flexibility and regular weekend and after hour work are required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Excellent salary depending on experience, and outstanding benefits offered.
- Comprehensive family health & dental plan, domestic partner coverage.
- Generous pension.
Please submit a resume and cover letter which describes your skills as both an organizer and a labor representative. Please indicate within your letter which geographical locations you are willing to consider. Please be sure to fill out the online application form.
The California Nurses Association/National Nurses Organizing Committee is a premiere organization of registered nurses and one of the nation’s fastest growing labor and professional organizations in the U.S. and a strong, progressive voice for nurses, patients and healthcare workers around the world. We are seeking a like-minded and experienced professional who believes in our mission with a personal dedication to social justice issues to be our Labor Representative.
CNA/NNOC is committed to Equal Opportunity, and to considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational values and objectives to apply.