NNU is seeking a Digital Organizer to join its Medicare for All Campaigns team. This position involves community organizing via the distributed organizing model as well as extensive work in developing digital campaign strategy for a large national campaign.
National Nurses United is one of the largest organizations leading the movement to win Medicare for All. Join this team of campaign organizers to continue to build the campaign, which is focused on recruiting, training, and supporting a growing grassroots base of volunteers across the country to build power and win.
Primarily fulfill the role of digital campaign strategist, including:
- Develop and execute a digital communications strategy that complements the overall campaign strategy and increases the capacity of the campaign
- Build a pipeline to move engagement from online to offline action
- Develop content (including graphics and short videos) for online mediums like social media
Additionally, fulfill responsibilities of all community organizers on the team, including:
- Recruit, train, and support volunteers as needed
- Develop campaign materials and content
- 2-3 years’ experience in campaign organizing, either professionally or as a volunteer
- 2-3 years’ experience in digital communications and/or social media work, either professionally or as a volunteer, preferably campaigns-related
- Excellent writer with ability to meet short deadlines
- Some experience with graphic design
- Some experience with video and photo editing
- Demonstrated commitment to social change
- Commitment to organizational discipline
NNU provides a very competitive salary and benefit package including full family and domestic partner coverage, medical, dental, and pension.
How to Apply
Please send a résumé, cover letter, and 500 word writing sample in PDF or Word format and complete the online application.
The California Nurses Association/National Nurses Organizing Committee is a premiere organization of registered nurses and one of the nation’s fastest growing labor and professional organizations in the U.S. and a strong, progressive voice for nurses, patients and healthcare workers around the world. We are seeking a like-minded and experienced professional who believes in our mission with a personal dedication to social justice issues to be our Digital Organizer.
CNA/NNOC is committed to Equal Opportunity, and to considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational values and objectives to apply.