This class examines the key elements of the Florida Patient Protection legislation which includes:
1. Safe staffing by patient acuity and ratios;
2. RN rights as patient advocate;
3. RN/patient whistle-blower protection of this landmark legislation and its impact on patient protection and the RN right to advocate in the exclusive interest of the patient.
Course Objectives :
Upon completion of this class, participants will be able to:
1. Articulate two reasons why strong patient protection and RN patient advocacy rights are critical for the provision of safe, therapeutic, and competent patient care.
2. Describe the critical importance of three key provisions of the Florida Patient Protection Act.
3. Demonstrate how collective grassroots patient advocacy strategies will have a positive impact on the adoption of these comprehensive uniform health care standards.
Time: 10 am - 3 pm